Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update: continue to believe!

Four weeks from today to go and counting! I'm now at 36 weeks and I wanted to give a little update from my last post about Baby Girl being breech...she is still in the "frank breech" position (jack-knifed with her feet up by her head) but I found out that it is the most common breech position and NOT strange! It still doesn't seem all that comfortable in my mind, but it made me feel much better knowing that she was not in pain and that it was not abnormal. Praise God!

I am so thankful for that reassurance, but I am also thankful for the opportunity to journey through all the feelings and fear that it produced. It helped me go to a deeper level of trust with the Lord: to trust Him with her health and safety and to trust Him if something is wrong, believing that He placed this sweet baby with us for a reason and is entrusting us to take care of her and will equip us to do it. God is worthy of my trust as He has proved this over and over to me.

Since she is still breech, now what? We're doing a combination of things...some "at home" techniques that include laying upside down, putting music and light at the bottom of my stomach, ice packs up near the top; a form of acupuncture that does not use needles but uses heat on pressure points to release the energy and get everything flowing (this was definitely a new experience for me!); I'm going to a chiropractor on Monday to undergo the "Webster technique" which basically aligns my spine and relaxes the muscles of my uterus and pelvis, giving the baby room to move; on Wednesday I go see my midwife and if she still hasn't turned by then, I will make an appointment with my doctor to do an "External cephalic version" which basically means she will have me lay on the table and will manually turn her from the outside. We're still believing that the Lord will make it happen - whether supernaturally or using any of these techniques.

So once again, I'm asking you to continue to believe for her to turn head-down and facing my back! Thanks for all your encouragement and prayers - they are very much appreciated!

7 comments:

Christine said...

I believe it!! Been praying for you friend!!! I can't wait for Lil G!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

my midwife also suggested the "cat" pose (on all fours then arching your back) for helping baby get turned. maybe ask about that too.

Anonymous said...

These techniques are new to me! Ihave never heard of any of these (I suppose I don't since I was not in your situation with a breech baby). We love you tons and will continue to pray with you.

P.S. Jaden is saying "Hi Aunt Lori, Uncle Ronnie and Baby Girl!"

Kari Nance said...

I am praying that one of those techniques works for you! I really hope that you and Ron are able to experience the birth you have been preparing for! Wishing you all the best...you're in the home stretch now!!!

Swartz's Scribbles said...

We will be believing with you! Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your sweet baby girl!! Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

I am believing with you my dear friend. God is preparing you for something very special. Love you both very much. Keep us posted.

Christy said...

any progress lori? hope you are feeling well and getting ready for baby g to get here. love you guys!