Friday, September 5, 2008

only 7 more weeks!

My sister-in-law and my parents both called me yesterday and threatened to put embarrassing photos on the web if I did not post something today. So here's a photo taken last week (32 weeks) in our back walkway by the garden...which was more like a jungle until Sheila (Ron's mom) came and cleaned it up for us. Now we can see the lovely tomatoes and melons that are growing!

I only have 3 more weeks of work left and only 7 more weeks until my due date - it's very surreal and difficult to wrap my mind around. And although I'm sad to leave High Point and 963 Missions because I love the people I work with, I am very excited for this new adventure!

For the many of you who've asked, no, I haven't even started on the nursery yet. We have some people staying with us indefinitely, so sometime after that, we'll paint and decorate. We've got the supplies ready to go, but it will be a bit longer before we begin. Surprisingly, I'm not freaking out about it :)

More to come later...

9 comments:

Lesley said...

You are adorable!! I miss you guys and am sorry we couldn't make it down while y'all were in Dallas. Love you guys!

Swartz's Scribbles said...

You are adorable!! I miss you guys and am sorry we couldn't make it down while y'all were in Dallas. Love you guys!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

GO LORI! You're on the home stretch! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awe! You look so pretty! I wish you were here so I can see that belly in person. Have a safe trip to and from Dallas and keep updating us all! We love hearing what is new in your world!

Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

You look so cute. I am so excited for you. It will be here before you know it. Praying for you and love you.

Christine said...

You're SO cute!!!!

Christy said...

lori - you look precious! i hope that you are still feeling well and can't wait for the little one to get here. we miss you guys and love you so much!

Annie D said...

Yeah, an update from Lori!! I've been checking too, so thanks to your fam for making you post!

Cindy & Ryan's wedding was this weekend and it was UNBELIEVABLE. She looked gorgeous and it was such a great time. And the whole fam was there. I will try to share some photos with you soon so you can see it.

I hope you're excited for another New England fall. I'm enjoying Cali but it still feels surreal that I'm here. I love you! Send my love to Ron & Baby G!

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness! You are the cutest little pregnant woman I have ever seen!

And your cobblestone pathway is almost just as cute as you are!

I love you so much and can't wait to meet your little one! I'm keeping you all in my prayers!

And apparently I can only use exclamation points for my punctuation, but I am just so excited!